Edward C. Corrigan
Canadian & International Politics
March 14, 2017. Edward Corrigan, a well known London-based human rights and immigration/refugee lawyer with a special interest in Middle East affairs, presented and discussed his views on Israel and Palestine and the Middle East issues to the CIC NCB MESG. In reviewing the origin of the seemingly chaotic state of affairs in the Middle East, Mr. Corrigan provided an extensive historical context that began with the economic and political aspirations of the East India Company, followed by several key events that eventually led to the WWI, WWII, the cold war, and the subsequent implementation of the Brzezinski/Carter doctrine..... it was a pleasure to meet with Ed and to learn from his extensive research and knowledge pertaining to the history of the region.
I am writing to thank you for accepting to be our invited speaker at MEDG's luncheon/conference on Tuesday March 14, 2017. Your lecture on Apartheid in Palestine was truly remarkable and several guests who attended your conference thanked me for attracting such a prominent lawyer and brilliant speaker as Edward Corrigan from London Ontario to speak on Apartheid in Palestine at this MEDG luncheon/conference in Ottawa. You were admired not only for your mastery of the subject and your eloquence, but also for your selfless dedication to the cause of human rights in Occupied Palestine as well as in other parts of the wold where human rights are trampled.
Thank you again Ed
Ed spoke today at the Middle East Discussion group in Ottawa on Israel's apartheid laws and policies. Very well prepared, thorough talk reviewing the array of Israel's racist policies. A pleasure to see Ed in action.
Ed Corrigan holds a B.A. in History and a Master's Degree in Political Science from the University of Western Ontario. Ed also has a Law Degree from the University of Windsor and was called to the Bar of the Law Society of Upper Canada in 1992. In the last 13 years he has distinguished himself as a lawyer and is recognized as one of the top Immigration lawyers in Canada. His academic area of expertise is the Middle East and he has published numerous articles in academic and journalistic publications.
- Federal Elections 2006. Al bilad Newspaper, page 6 and 36
- Liberal Leadership Race Begins
- Federal Election 2006
- Political Freedoms in Canada
- Ontario Election 2003
- The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- Power and Politics
- Yezidis New Year 2006
- The Legal Debate in Canada on the Protection of Stateless Individuals Under the 1951 Geneva Convention
- What Does Bush's Victory Mean for the Arabs, Muslims and the World?
- The Myth of the Arab Evacuation of Palestine
- Open Letter To President Lorna Mardsen, President and Vice Chancellor York University
- Political Update on the Middle East
- Politics, Power and the Palestinian Issue
- The October Surprise
- City Council Refuses to Pass Resolution Against War on Iraq
Ed Corrigan's chapter, "Israel and Apartheid: A Framework for Legal Analysis," published in Apartheid in Palestine: Hard Laws and Harder Experiences, Edited by Ghada Ageel, (Edmonton: University of Alberta Press, January 2016).
The book, Apartheid in Palestine: Hard Laws and Harder Experiences, Edited by Ghada Ageel, (University of Alberta Press, Edmonton, Alberta, January 2016) has now been published. My chapter, "Israel and Apartheid: A Framework for Legal Analysis," is part of the compilation of essays and was written especially for the book.
As a contributor to the book I am entitled to a 40% discount on copies of the book. That puts the price of the book with the 40% discount at $35.97. If you would like to buy the book at the discounted rate you can send the payment to my office and I will order one for you. Payment must be made in advance. You can then pick up the book in London at my office or when I am in Toronto.
The list of contributors is found below. This book should be of interest to those who want to understand both the Israeli and the Palestinian perspectives on this important international issue. The book is endorsed by Professor Noam Chomsky and Professor Richard Falk writes the forward to the book. There are Israeli and Palestinian contributors as well as "other leading experts-Palestinian and Israeli, academic and activist."
The book can be also be purchased through the University of Alberta Press or through Wayne State University Press.
I hope you find the book of interest.
Links To Ed Corrigan's Published Articles
- A response to the attempt to ban Dr. Norman Finkelstein from Mohawk College, By Edward C. Corrigan, Rabble.ca, February 17, 2011
- The American political system is not really a democracy, it is a plutocracy, by Edward C. Corrigan, Muslim Press, 2016/10/25 09:48:05 / NO 106257
- Apartheid In Palestine. Hard Laws and Harder Experiences: Review of Dr Ghada Ageel's New Book, By Dr. Ludwig Watzal, Global Research, February 05, 2016
- Congratulations on victory in libel suit. The Water Cooler - Carl Rosenberg. Outlook. Mar. April 2012. p. 9
- Critics Charge That Migration Crisis Is 'A Creation of the West, by Deirdre Fulton, staff writer, Common Dreams, April 23, 2015
- Deal pending, Corrigan says: LIBEL LAWSUIT: Lawyer Ed Corrigan says a T.O. lawyer will apologize for his e-mails, by Scott Taylor, London Free Press, January 17, 2012
- Edward Corrigan: Trump Sees Himself as an Executive of a Company, Not a Country, FARS News Agency, March 4, 2017
- Edward Said Remembered: September 25 was the 12th anniversary of his death, by Edward C. Corrigan, Dissident Voice, September 27th, 2015
- The Goldstone Report and the debate in Israel, by Edward C. Corrigan, Dissident Voice, December 2, 2009
- How to beat Tim Hudak and defeat the right-wing agenda, by Edward C. Corrigan, Rabble.ca, June 11, 2014
- Ireland - A tragic History, The Tillsonburg News, July 8, 1985, p. 4
- Is Anti-Zionism Anti-Semitic? Jewish Critics Speak, by Edward C. Corrigan, Middle East Policy, Winter 2009, pp. 132-145
- Is Israeli Occupation Moving Toward Apartheid?, by Allan C. Brownfeld, (American Council for Judaism) Issues Magazine, Winter 2017
Is it anti-Semitic to defend Palestinian human rights? By: Edward C.
Corrigan, Dissident Voice, 1 September, 2009
- Alternate link: Occupation Magazine
- This paper was submitted to The Canadian Parliamentary Coalition to Combat Anti-semitism and also appeared in Outlook magazine published by the Canadian Jewish Outlook Society:
- A revised version was published as a chapter of a book, Anti-Semitism: Real and Imagined: Responses to the Canadian Parliamentary Coalition to Combat Anti-Semitism," (The Canadian Charger, Waterloo, Ontario, 2010), pp.83-99.
- Rabble also published an excerpt titled, "Suppressing dissent on campus?," by Edward C. Corrigan, Rabble.ca, September 1, 2009
- Is It Fair to Use the Term "Apartheid" to Characterize Israel's Occupation? By Allan C. Brownfeld, Washington Report on Middle East Affairs, January/February 2017, pp. 42-43
- Israel and Apartheid: A Framework for Legal Analysis, by Edward C. Corrigan, in Apartheid in Palestine: Hard Laws and Harder Experiences, Editor Ghada Ageel, (The University of Alberta Press: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, 2016), pp. 213-245
- Israel and Apartheid: Is It a Fair Comparison?, by Edward C. Corrigan, Dissident Voice, March 1, 2010
- Israeli Criticism of Zionism and of Israel's Treatment of the Palestinians: The Academics and Activists, Dissident Voice, August 21st, 2010
- Israeli Criticism of Zionism and the Treatment of Palestinians: The Politicians, by Edward C.Corrigan, Dissident Voice, July 30, 2010
- The JNF: Charitable tax status for racism? April 9, 2008
- Jewish Criticism of Zionism By Edward C. Corrigan, Middle East Policy (Formerly American-Arab Affairs) Winter 1990-91, pp. 94-116
- Jewish Criticism of Zionism. By Edward C. Corrigan. American-Arab Affairs. Winter 1990-91. pp. 94-116
- Jewish Critics of Zionism and of Israel's Treatment of the Palestinians, By Edward C. Corrigan, Dissident Voice, April 16, 2010
- Joan Peters From Time Immemorial. Definitive Study or Transparent Fraud, by Edward C. Corrigan. American Arab Affairs, Fall 1986 pp. 77-91
- The Legal Debate in Canada on the Protection of Stateless Individuals Under the 1951 Geneva Convention, 23 Immigration Law Reporter (3d) pp. 196-209
- Liberals win majority Government, by Edward C. Corrigan, The Canadian Charger, November 1, 2015
- London West By-Election is Thursday, August 1, 2013
- Ostrovsky Files Lawsuit Against CTV Network and Others, by Faisal Kutty, Washington Report on Middle East Affairs, April/May 1995, Pages 57, 94
- The Other Israel. Voices of Refusal and Dissent. Edited by Roane Carey and Jonathan Shainin. New Press. 2002. Review by Edward C. Corrigan. Middle East Policy. Fall 2006. Number 3. pp. 140-150
- Our Mosque Madness by Maureen Dowd, Letter by Edward C. Corrigan, The Canadian Charger, 2010
- The Palestinian Question at the University. The Case of Western Ontario. by Edward C. Corrigan. American-Arab Affairs. Summer 1987. pp. 87-98
- Prophets Outcast. A Century of Dissident Jewish Writing about Zionism and Israel. edited by Adam Shatz. Review by Edward C. Corrigan. Middle East Policy. Summer 2005. pp. 139-143
- Protests held worldwide against Monsanto, genetic modification of food and use of pesticides, by Edward C. Corrigan, Canadian Dimension, October 21st 2013
- Re: Is it anti-semitic to defend Palestinian human rights? By Edward C. Corrigan, by Lujean Rogers Oldsmar, Florida, Canadian Charger, February 17, 2010
- Review of Reframing Anti-Semitism: Alternative Jewish Perspectives, by Jewish Voice for Peace, eds. Oakland California, 2004. Published in Middle East Policy, Spring 2006, pp. 156-161
- Should the JNF be entitled to Charitable Status. Outlook. September-October 2008. p. 19 and p. 39
- Stemming the Tide of Hate, by Edward C. Corrigan, Media Monitors Network, November 3, 2017
- UN Human Rights Committee criticizes Harper government, by Edward C. Corrigan, Rabble.ca, August 4, 2015
- Zionism and Anti-Semitism, by Edward C. Corrigan, Dissident Voice, March 31, 2012
- Zionist Distortion of History, Media Monitors Network, January 16, 2006
- La plupart des Canadiens ont une vue très déformée de l'histoire du sionisme, Muslim Press (Francais), August 3, 2016
- Les musulmans nous haïssent à cause d'un siècle d'invasion, la domination économique et politique soutenue par une énorme quantité de violence, by Edward C. Corrigan, Muslim Press (French Translation) 2016/09/03